Chaya’s colorful paintings and artwork reflect her Greek heritage, with its focus on complex designs in the delicate handwork of her ancestors. Her mixed media pieces tell a story, inviting the viewer to pause and enter her world of abstract realism. Combining the stimulation and camaraderie of small artist groups, with time in her studio, Chaya invites the creative spirit to flow freely through her.
These works explore the artist’s sense of wonder at the inherent beauty found in the natural world.
2020: Artist of the Week seARTS Newsletter
- 2016: Outstanding Work, Marblehead Festival of the Arts (Senior Art)
- 2014: Best of Show and People’s Choice, Magnolia Library Art Show
- 2010: Best of Show, Marblehead Festival of the Arts (Senior Art)
- De Cordova Museum School, Montserrat College of Art, Museum of Fine Arts School, Snow Farm, and Vermont Center for the Arts.
Groups and Associations
- Confetti – a group of North Shore artists who paint, study and occasionally travel together
- Experimental Art Group of Rockport Art Association and Museum
- Marblehead Art Association
- Newburyport Art Association
- North River Art Association
- Families First Calendar, Portsmouth, NH, 2012, 2013, 2015.
- A Reader’s Potluck, Carly and Lou, 2010.
- Ghost Writers, The Ghost of Salem Willows, 2008.
- Spotlight Magazine: Stories and Artwork. Tufts University, 2008, 2009.
Contact Chaya for more information on these pieces or availability for purchase.